If you want to pursue your career in the medical field, you surely are planning to prepare for the MCAT examination. With a lot of options available across the net, you sure are confused about which nMCAt course to go with and which is the best MCAT prep course. Don’t worry. We got you covered.
Most students aim to score more than 500 on the MCAT to get into the top medical colleges. The average score of the students in the year 2022 was 506.5. Most of the students prefer coaching to self-study to help them get an edge over other students with the help of the experience of their tutors.
In the following article, I have included details about all the best MCAT prep courses available. I have included all the required details that you must know in order to select the most suitable course according to your requirements.
Let’s check them out.
9+ Best MCAT Prep Courses: In A Nutshell
In the following table, I have mentioned the essence of the courses. If you don’t have sufficient time or if you are on the go, you can take a look at it.
|Sr. No.||Prep Course||Price||Ratings|
|1.||Blueprint||Starting at $1999||4.8/5|
|2.||Kaplan||Starting at $1999||4.7/5|
|3.||Princeton Review||Starting at $1699||4.6/5|
|4.||Magoosh||Starting at $379||4.5/5|
|6.||MCAT Self Prep||Free||4.7/5|
|9.||Gold Standard MCAT||$49.95||3.8/5|
I have included a detailed overview of the courses that include details of what the platform provides. Also, I have made a point to include the key features, pricing, and ratings of the courses that each platform provides.
The students get a customized study planner tool. It is created according to the strengths and weaknesses of the students. The live lectures are held 5 days a week within office time. Students also get access to the video explanations of the questions.
The tutors help the students to understand the approach that they must have toward the questions. The practice test interface is similar to that of the final MCAT exam. It will help you to be familiar with the exam environment and other details.
The tutors of the course have scored more than 520 in their MCAT examinations. They share the tips and hacks that they used to remember the concepts with the students.
- The platform provides you with a money-back guarantee if you do not score well.
- You will get a free trial to understand the quality of classes and select which package will be best for you.
- The platform has an easy-to-navigate interface.
- More than 1600 flashcards are provided to the students to help them understand the topics and concepts.
- You get access to 15 practice tests and 6 MCAT strategy and content books.
|Live classes||Starting at $2599|
|Online classes||Starting at $1999|
|Personal Tutoring||Starting at $3,399|
|Practice exams||Starting at $119|
Kaplan offers personalized preparation to the students. The team analyzes the student’s strong and weak points and provides them with a detailed plan. The full-length tests are simulated just like the final MCAT exam.
The question bank provided includes questions that are similar to the level of the questions that you will have to encounter in the MCAT test. The classes are managed according to your schedule. The team will prepare a plan for you to improve on your weak points and maintain the strength of the topics that you are good at.
They offer various methods to learn, like live classes, online lectures, and personal tutoring. The Kaplan tutors help you to study smarter and work efficiently on your strengths.
- You get access to more than 3000 practice questions.
- 16 full-length practice tests are included in all the packages.
- The students get seven books that include the MCAT review sets.
- You will also be able to learn from the live-streamed workshops.
- Kaplan has a mobile app that helps students to study anywhere on the go.
|Live classes||Starting at $2599|
|On Demand course||Starting at $1999|
|In-person course||Starting at $2999|
|Private tutoring+ Live online course||Starting at $3299|
3. Princeton Review
You will get access to more than a thousand questions and practice materials. The personalized schedule helps you plan all your content and complete the required topic efficiently.
Most of the instructors are MSc qualified or hold a Ph.D. degree. There are four to six expert teachers that will teach you different subjects. You can choose between various options like live online classes, self-paced courses, in-person classes, winter boot camps, etc.
The scorecards include a detailed analysis of the topics that you are performing well at and the areas that you need to improve.
- You will get access to more than 40 hours of instruction.
- There is unlimited access to the MCAT topic focus.
- Students can practice using the 16 full-length tests included in the course.
- You also have access to 35 diagnostic exams and interactive score reports.
- 11 MCAT prep books are used by the students.
- Princeton also provides students with admission assistance into medical schools.
|Live classes||Starting at $2799|
|Online course||Starting at $1699|
|Private Tutoring||Starting at $183/hr|
|MCAT 513+||Starting at $3, 499|
|515+ immersion||Starting at $7, 349|
|Winter Bootcamp||Starting at $2799|
The course content is available on all of your devices. You can study at any place and at any time you wish to. The video lectures and the content of the course are high quality and extremely useful for the students.
The team provides you with assistance at any needed time on the topics that you face difficulty with. You need just to email them about your problems, and you will receive the solution within some time.
The study schedule is created to help you ace the MCAT exam in the required time period. The schedule helps the students to find the flow in their study and remain consistent in the direction they are going. The timetable created is made to fit into your schedule without affecting your other daily activities.
- The plans and the courses are affordable.
- You get access to more than 380 video lectures.
- There are more than 740 practice questions.
- The study plans are customizable according to the needs of the students.
- Support from the team with the help of email.
- 7-day free trial for the students to understand the platform
|1 Month Premium||Starting at $379|
|12 Month Premium||Starting at $399|
They provide students with full-length exam practice, self-study, and at-home packages. The instructors at Altius have completed their Ph.D. studies. You also get access to 1 on 1 personalized instruction at Altius.
It claims to double the chances of admission to your dream medical school. It has a one-month money-back guarantee. The Elite classroom course provides the learner access to all the required detailed closure material of SAT.
- 14 days trial period for the students to test out the platform.
- More than 45 private tutoring sessions.
- 120 to 200 hours of group discussion and instruction on the concepts.
- Around 30 group discussions on various problems.
- You get access to almost 15 study hall sessions.
- Best in the industry for private tutoring.
|Elite+ 10 Tutoring session||$3999|
6. MCAT Self Prep
More than 20,000 students use the free course MCAT every year. The platform provides free study materials to students that do not wish to enroll in any prep courses. The materials available on the website are best for self-study.
If you enroll in any of their course, you are sure to receive the assistance of their ELite tutors and fellow students. The premium courses on the platform are affordable and will not create an imbalance in your budget.
The MCAT self-prep has received a 5-star rating on Google for their free course. The materials provided are sanctioned by the AAMC, the creators of the MCAT exam.
- You can use the form available on their website to have a conversation with their team and to contact them for your doubts.
- Experienced staff who have scored great at the MCAT examination.
- Around 1o content models to prepare for the examination.
- More than 300 hours of video lectures are provided for free.
- Best study tips for the MCA5 t-test preparation that will help you to solve the questions with ease.
- Access to MCAT boot camp.
- Access to various flashcards and quizzes.
- You can get a free consultation.
The platform has designed courses with the perfect balance of the MCAT study content, strategy, practice, and guidance. The course is efficient and includes all the required features and materials to crack the MCAT exam.
The video lessons help you to strategize your learning and cover all the important topics. The practice questions help the students to identify their strengths and work on their weaknesses. The questions are similar to the ones that you will be facing in the final MCAT exam.
Each question for the passages includes video solutions to help you to understand the approach that you should have while solving the questions. The course includes more than 160 cheat sheets to help you summarize. They can also be used as flashcards to memorize and retent the concepts.
- There are more than 1100 video lessons in the course.
- More than 820 practice questions are included in the plan.
- You get access to the notes of more than 800 topics included in the MCAT curriculum.
- There are more than 405 practice questions based on passages.
- Around 820 practice questions.
|1:1 tutoring||$150/ hour|
8. Varsity MCAT Prep.
The tutors are from universities like Yale, Princeton, Stanford, and Cornell University. They provide the students with prep books, live classes, one on one tutoring. You can take online courses with personal tutoring.
You get access to practice questions and on-demand video lessons,s and are required to complete some assignments after every class. You can discuss the questions with your tutor and work on personalized homework and assignments in personal tutoring.
The test-taking assignments are a bonus point of the courses. The nice structures of the content review and the test-taking assignments help students a lot to absorb the concepts. Above all, the tutors are great communicators and work on solving all your problems.
- You can get access to the one-on-one study prep and group study sessions as well.
- There are 6 to 9 students in each live class.
- The instructor places great emphasis on live instruction.
- The tutors are highly experienced and knowledgeable.
- The price is pretty reasonable.
- The home assignments are well-designed and greatly compiled.
|5-week prep class||$599|
|10-week prep class||$599|
|Live lessons||$ 40/hr|
9. Gold Standard MCAT
The course provides you with the MCAT books, videos, full-length MCAT tests, and the MCAT app to learn anywhere on the test-taking platform provides you with free cheat sheets and a free summary of the subjects.
The complete MCAT prep package includes 20 full-length MCAT practice tests. There are more than 10,000 questions with the solution. You also get access to 9 preparatory courses.
You can also purchase the books and practice tests separately.
- 7 full-length MCAT full-length tests to prepare for the final MCAT test.
- The platform offers seven full-length MCAT practice test books.
- You also get a home study package.
|Question bank||Starting at $10|
|Online preparation course||$49.95|
|Practice tests books and noticeboard||$35.95-$50|
Final Verdict: Best MCAT Prep Courses (2022)
That’s all about the best MCAT preparation courses.
If you aim to give your best shot in the MCAT exam, I would recommend you start at least six months to 1 year before the exam. It would give you enough time to go through the details of each topic and concept. Understanding the lessons in detail will help you to score well in your MCAT exam and to get admitted to your dream college.
I hope that the above article has helped you to find the best MCAT prep course that fulfills all your requirements and will help you to prepare well for your examination.
If you are still confused about which prep course to go with, here are our top picks:
- Blueprint MCAT prep
- Kaplan MCAT prep
I am sure by now, you would have picked the best suitable course for your MACT preparation. If I have left any MCAT course that is worthy enough to be included in the list, you can surely mention them in the comments below.
Which MCAT course did you find the best and most suitable for your preparation?
Yes, 3 months are enough to prepare for the MCAT exam. You will have to spend time studying more than 5 to 6 hours a day. The ideal time preferred by most of the students is 4 to 5 months.
Retaking the exam three times is considered reasonable by medical schools. More than 3 attempts are considered unreasonable by the medical colleges.
The MCAT exam continues for 6 hours straight. The breaks and the check-in together take 7 hours. Including the arrival time and the check-out time, you can consider 8 hours for the test on the exam day.
You are not allowed to eat, drink or leave the test spot during the exam. The students are not allowed to make any noise that can disturb other candidates. The water and other eatables will be stored in the locker in the waiting room.